Friday, August 27, 2010

Two Wonderful Things Put Together


There is a distinct difference between what is practical (utilitarian) and what is beautiful (artful), and seldom do the two meet. However I found a company, Blueberry Guitars, that has created something both practical and beautiful. As I look at these guitars I'm reminded that all God has created is both practical (utilitarian) and beautiful (artful). "Consider the moon and the stars, " he tells us in Psalm 8, and even lets us know (same Psalm) that he has crowned us "with glory and honor." As God designed creation, it all has a purpose and it all has a loveliness to it and the two are intrinsically and inseparably bound. I don't fully understand it, but I'm glad for it. Lord, let the practical and the beautiful, the utilitarian and the artful, be fully found in all there is. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment